Advanced Technology and Techniques
Mold and water damage is something that has effected homes and businesses since the beginning of time. In fact, even going back to early civilizations there is evidence of restoration plans, the earliest seems to be the found in the Bible where it gives instructions for how to identify, isolate and restore a property impacted by mold.
Today technology has changed the way restoration professionals identify and address mold. These changes and adjustments to the way damage is addressed allows SERVPRO of East Greenwich / Warwick to properly address water and mold damage and be of better service to our community. The standards for restoration and remediation are outlined by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC); it's this organization that sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning.
Our teams use the most up to date interventions and tools to ensure your property is restored and delivered back to you fast and efficiently.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.