Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After discovering mold in your East Greenwich home or business, it's important to not touch or disturb the spores. A great way to ensure the spores are not disturbed is to turn off the air conditioning or heating unit, and turn off all fans. Spores are microscopic, and can easily be disturbed. Once spores are disturbed, they can easily multiply and cause damage in other areas of your property. It's important to call the professionals at the first signs of mold damage to do a proper inspection and create a plan to permanently remove any mold or mold damaged property.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (401) 885-6200
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of East Greenwich / Warwick / Cranston for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of East Greenwich / Warwick / Cranston has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Greenwich
- West Warwick
- Pilgrim Park