“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Many "here today and gone tomorrow" restoration and remediation companies advertise mold removal; their slogan,
"We remove mold!"
But, let's separate fact from fiction. fly-by-night restoration companies advertise mold removal, they'll say something like this, "We're your mold experts, we remove mold." But the reality is different and making these claims really misunderstands mold and the problem. Removing mold from a residential or commercial property isn't possible because mold is naturally occurring, microscopic and a part of a healthy eco-system.
The goal in a property isn't mold removal but rather mold remediation.
Remediation is focused on identifying the mold colonies and trouble spots in a property, where moisture accumulates, and addressing these areas. Our teams are pros and understands mold and mold growth. Call our Weymouth and Hingham team and let us help mitigate your mold problem.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (401) 885-6200
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (401) 885-6200
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Greenwich / Warwick / Cranston is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: